THE BLAST VISION
To continue to develop the Brisbane Blast as one of Australia's leading inner city cycling criteriums, offering a competitive and entertaining race program in various formats that embraces the iconic South Bank destination.
We will build upon the successful foundations of past Blasts and promote the Blast 2016 as a major event by
- offering new race formats for teams and groups of mates who cycle;
- offering a highly competitive race experience for graded riders;
- raising awareness of men's health and raising funds for Movember; and,
- creating an opportunity for participants, local communities, and spectators to experience an elite sporting event that generates sustainable returns for all stakeholders.
The Brisbane Blast endeavours to deliver five core values which are represented by BLAST
- Benefiting Brisbane City by working alongside local businesses and community to deliver a minimal impact event.
- Long-term delivery of competitive cycling events for athletes is our priority.
- Aiming for reduced costs and not being fixated with small prize money.
- Successfully ensuring safety expectations reach the highest standards despite course particularities.
- Transforming an inner city location into a cycling haven for greater commercial advantage to the Brisbane City.
With the support of the Brisbane City Council and Brisbane Marketing, we aim to develop the series into a sports tourism driver, that seeks the ongoing engagement of runners, cyclists and corporates. It has taken many years to reach this position and we must thank the Councillors, Major Events Officers of the Brisbane City Council; the leadership team of Brisbane Marketing; the Queensland Police Service for advice and encouragement along the way.
Bring it on Brisbane.